To operate a short term rental on WFN land,  two things are required:

  1. A property zoned to allow “Short Term Rentals” - if the lot is not zoned to allow this, then an application for rezoning needs to be made through WFN's Planning department.
  2. A business license.
There are only a few properties already zoned to allow for short term rentals on WFN Lands (e.g. Copper Sky and Shelter Bay). WFN requires a rezoning application to ensure the health & safety of occupants and to check that parking on-site can be provided.

WFN operates on a complaint-basis currently for short term rentals operating without a license.

Rezoning Application
Business License Application
Unsure of your zone? Use the Regional District of Central Okanagan’s GIS mapping tool

If you have questions, please email WFN Planning at